Books read

Leticia's books

To Kill a Mockingbird
The Catcher in the Rye
The Great Gatsby
Of Mice and Men
Animal Farm
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Lord of the Flies
Romeo and Juliet
Little Women
A Tale of Two Cities
Frankenstein
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Secret Life of Bees
The Memory Keeper's Daughter
The Joy Luck Club
The Da Vinci Code
The Kite Runner
The Shining
The Silence of the Lambs
The Bourne Identity


Leticia's favorite books »

terça-feira, 15 de abril de 2014

Teaser Tuesdays - Marketing to Women

Só vou colocar essa frase pra dar o contexto do trecho que escolhi, tá?
"I've come to think of the ways men and women connect with gender as games - games as diferente as football and figure skating. Men have three games: one-up, one-dwon, and put-down. Women have three games, too, Same-same, Scoop, and Gift-Exchange. And each gender has its own 'social currency': for men, it's facts and features; for women, it's stories and personal details.


Gift Exchange
Social currency: Stories and personal details: When Jill tells Janet she likes her bracelete, Janet is unlikely to reply with a simple thank-you and move on. Instead, chances are she will launch into a story. You know where I got this bracelete? I was in Cape Cod to spend Christmas with my folks last year. My sister and I went into town to do some shopping, and I saw this bracelete in the window. I was dying to  buy it, but I had just splurged on a new handbag two stores down, and I really didn't think I sshould. So guess what? My sister gave it to me for my birthday last April!
At this point, every guy's eyes in the room are glazed over - this is WAY more personal information than they are interested in. But, the other women in the conversation have just been given a pile of gifts, all kinds of leads to find something in common and build up the relationship. there's so much to work with: Cape Cod, Christmas, parentes, sisters, April birthdays. Something in there is bound to strike a chord.

(do livro Marketing to women, Martha Barletta, such fun!)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário